Bhavan’s Vidya Mandir crowned Coimbatore Champions
- WINNERS: Bhavan’s Vidya Mandir, Thrissur : Sreeram Madhavan / Paul Binu
- RUNNERS UP:The PSBB Millennium School : Mukund / Abhinav Viswaroop
A transnational quiz which has consistently grown over the years, has seen huge turnouts at Coimbatore every year. Over 650 children were a part of Thomas Cook’s Travel Quest in the city. A packed auditorium took the prelims very enthusiastically and after a tough correction round we arrived the Top Six teams at Coimbatore:
- The PSBB Millennium School – Mukund / Abhinav Viswaroop
- Bhavan’s Vidya Mandir, Thrissur – Sreeram Madhavan / Paul Binu
- Sishya School, Hosur – Nithish Kumar S / Abhishek K
- SBOA MHSS – Ashwath B / V R Logeshwar
- Chinmaya International Residencial School – Sri Vaibhav / Bhavya Agarwal
- Sharada Vidyalaya, Mangalore – Pradhyumna Upadhya / Pannaga Bhat
The Quizmaster opened the finals session, after the break, appreciating the teams on the collective performance, as the city average of Coimbatore was in the top 5 in the country. While announcing the finalist, he also congratulated the performances of Chinmaya International and Bhavan’s Vidya Mandir, for their outstanding scores in the preliminary round.
Once the finals began Bhavan’s, PSBB Millennium, Chinmaya and Sharada Vidyalaya were off in a flash and this four-way battle kept the momentum of the quiz going. Mid way through the team from Sharada VIdyalaya & Chinmaya stopped taking the risk to let the first two tables to go no and neck towards the finish line. Despite a late charge and some great answering from PSBB, one risk too many from them was detrimental in the own quest for victory. A calm and collected Bhavan’s team without too many risks and great answering were crowned Coimbatore Champions.