Little Flower bloom at Jamshedpur
- WINNERS: LITTLE FLOWER : Anish Roy and G S Vishnu
- RUNNERS UP:RAJENDRA VIDYALAYA : Anmol Kumar and Pratyush Praveen
The steel city of Jamshedpur has always had the reputation of having good schools and a healthy quizzing culture. It was no surprise that the prelim was a tricky one that made the teams think a fair bit on multiple questions that covered a wide landscape. The top six teams that qualified for the finals were:-
- LOYOLA SCHOOL – Ambarish Jha and Agnidh Ghosh
- St. MARY’s – Md. Salik Iqbal and Arka Garkar
- RAJENDRA VIDYALAYA – Anmol Kumar and Pratyush Praveen
- CARMEL JUNIOR – Ms. Anwesha Banerjee and Ms. Eesita Poddar
- HILL TOP SCHOOL – Romit Bose and Sanjay Kumar
- LITTLE FLOWER – Anish Roy and G S Vishnu
The final was a thriller with all the teams scoring well in the early rounds. It was Little Flower that hit turbulence with repeated negatives on the buzzer, so much so that after the first couple of rounds they were on minus five.
The teams from Loyola, St. Mary’s, Rajendra Vidyalaya and Carmel Junior were almost on the same score as the quiz moved into the final phases. It was at this stage that the boys from Little Flower burst back into the quiz with amazing answers and strong strikes on the buzzer.
With one question to go five teams had a chance to win the title. Quizmaster Pickbrain observed that it reflected on the high quality of teams at Jamshedpur. With a brave heart the boys from Little Flower went for the kill and got the final question in their kitty to win a memorable victory. The runner up position was resolved on a tie between Rajendra Vidyalaya and St. Mary’s which the former won.
Sister Lini and Sister Devashree, the Heads of the Carmel School, gave away the certificates to the teams. The winners make it to the national semi-final to be held at Ooty, early 2017. The winners and runners of the national finale will win international trips for themselves and their teacher.