Mira Model win Delhi thriller
- WINNERS: MIRA MODEL SCHOOL : Prasanna Karthik and Srikala K
- RUNNERS UP: VENKATESHWAR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL : Manas Singla and Yash Goel
The Delhi edition of Travel Quest was a massive one. The turnout was so huge, that two separate prelims had to be conducted. The host for the prelim, Ms. Rashmi Furtado, held the audience at the edge of their seats with her two sets of posers. There were a good mix of questions from across the world.The following six schools made it to the final round.
- BLUEBELLS INTERNATIONAL – Sarthak Bannerjee and Sukrit Bhatia
- SPRINGDALES SCHOOL – Kiran Pander and Anubhav Dhyani
- CONVENT OF JESUS AND MARY – Anusha Tiwari and Vidula Vohra
- VENKATESHWAR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL – Manas Singla and Yash Goel
- SCOTTISH HIGH – Aryan Sholapure and Siddid Khanna
- MIRA MODEL SCHOOL – Prasanna Karthik and Srikala K
The final was an absorbing battle, with the Venkateshwar International team racing off to a quick lead in the first couple of rounds. The quiz did move a swift pace, with seasoned quizmaster Pickbrain in command. His wit and encouragement to the participants were the two things that everyone appreciated. The teams from Mira Model, Bluebells and Springdales kept pace and played well to stay in the hunt.
As the buzzers came into play, the teams accelerated and soon enough, it was four teams with almost identical scores. For an odd reason, the duo from Venkateshwar International did not take chances, which took a toll on their scores, as other teams started moving ahead of them.
Lead positions kept changing between teams. But, towards the end of the quiz, it was the young duo from Mira Model School that took the chances. They took brave hits on the buzzer and set themselves up for a win. On the final question, they capitalised on a miss by Bluebells to clinch a memorable title.
The winners make it to the national semi-final to be held at Ooty, in early 2017. The winners and runners of the national finale will win international trips for themselves and their teacher.