St. Michael’s Siliguri top Kolkata
- WINNERS: ST. MICHAEL’S SILIGURI : Zeeshan Ali and Apurb Agarwal
- RUNNERS UP: DPS RUBY PARK : Ms. Stuti Bagchi and Hrishit Mitra
It was a quiet morning at the city of joy as young minds from across schools came together to display their knowledge of history, geography and culture. The quiz began with Ms. Rashmi Furtado taking the students through a set of 20 questions in the prelim. Her encouraging words and clues sure helped the teams tackle the tricky prelim with a smile. The finalists were:
- CALCUTTA BOYS – Sourya Basu and Arya Chakravarthy
- DPS RUBY PARK – Ms. Stuti Bagchi and Hrishit Mitra
- ARMY PUBLIC SCHOOL – Ayush Pandey and Kishaloy KC
- ST. AUGUSTINE’S SCHOOL – Shaiq Ahmed and Ayaan Tauquir
- ST. MICHAEL’S SILIGURI – Zeeshan Ali and Apurb Agarwal
- DON BOSCO – Drup Acharya and Retwik Goswami
The stage was set for the six top schools to battle for the top honours. With ace quizmaster Pickbrain taking the stage, the tension seemed visible on the faces of the students even before he threw his first salvo at them.
The quiz as an interesting battle with the duo from St. Augustine’s getting off to an early lead to be followed by the boys from Siliguri. The battle looked tight and close as the rounds moved quickly from one to another. The animated software that powered the questions created an enjoyable gaming experience for the teams.
As the quiz inched towards the close, the team from St. Michael’s got themselves into a good lead with repeated strikes on the buzzer. The duo from DPS also made good ground to get past the other teams. St. Augustine’s could not get their buzzers in on time else they sure knew more than they scored. It was finally a battle between DPS and St. Michael’s which the latter clinched playing carefully towards the end. DPS had to settle for a very credible runner up position.
The winners make it to the national semi-final to be held at Ooty, early 2017. The winners and runners of the national finale will win international trips for themselves and their teacher.