Symbiosis School, Pune win Mumbai
- WINNERS: SYMBIOSIS SCHOOL PUNE : Anish Kale and Shriram Jorvekar
- RUNNERS UP: CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL : Ms. Sneha Phadke and Ms. Prerana Mishra
The Mumbai and Pune schools gathered for their edition of Travel Quest with a lot of anticipation and high energy. The city final is known to be a touch one and the winner always does well at the national stage. This in some ways set the stage for a not so easy prelim by host Ms. Rashmi Furtado. Her clues and banter kept the children entertained through the prelim. The following six schools made it to the final.
- CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL – Ms. Sneha Phadke and Ms. Prerana Mishra
- JASUDBEN SCHOOL – Ms. Urvi Desai and Ms. Aayushi. S
- CHRIST CHURCH – Sachidananda Pradhan and Ms.Ananya R
- CANOSSA SCHOOL – Ms. Sanika C and Ms. Anika Kamath
- SYMBIOSIS SCHOOL PUNE – Anish Kale and Shriram Jorvekar
- IES VIDYAMANDIR – Ms. Riddhi Atre and Ms. Sanya Wadke
The final was an interesting battle from the very first question. With Pickbrain in command, the children were very nervous but it did not affect their ability to crack his posers. All teams were off to good starts and soon the duo from Symbiosis Pune were ahead of the rest.
As the Pune boys kept dominating the final, the girls from Cambridge, Canossa and the other teams did their best to try and catch up. Only the Cambridge girls came back with a chance but missed out on the final couple of questions having to settle for the runner up title. The Pune boys did not lose their grip and emerged champions with a clear margin.
The winners make it to the national semi-final to be held at Ooty, early 2017. The winners and runners of the national finale will win international trips for themselves and their teacher. The guests at the quiz ranged from Seema Kadam of Swiss Tourism, Alok Damle of Spain Tourism, Savijith V of URcampusstore.com and Parth Chakraborthy of Sterling Holidays along with Abraham A, Group President, Thomas Cook.