Teja Vidhyalaya run away Champions at Hyderabad
- WINNERS: Teja Vidhyalaya, Kodad : S Gokulsai / T Pavan
- RUNNERS UP:Gitanjali Devashray : G Sathvik / Vyshnav V Kumar
The last leg of this year’s Travel Quest was the prefect buildup to the semifinal and national finale. Over 500 students turned up and with a festive atmosphere, which was appreciated by Quizmaster Lloyd Saldanha. Little Flower School played host to the event and we soon had the corrections and arrived at the top Six teams that qualified for the final stage round:
- Gitanjali Devashray – G Sathvik / Vyshnav V Kumar
- Bhavan’s Vidyamandir, Kochi – Siddharth Marar / Siddarth Ranjit
- St. Andrew’s School, Bowenpally – M Sai Sanhith / Fasal Mohamed
- Jain Heritage Cambridge School – Mahadevan / Faiz Shaik
- The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet – Abhinav Madamanchi / Yashovardhan Shetty
- Teja Vidhyalaya, Kodad – S Gokulsai / T Pavan
Missing the easy answers can be beneficial to the other teams and at other times scoring at every opportunity can be a blessing. That is exactly the approach taken by Teja Vidhyalaya, a team that never looked back from the get go, scoring at ease, and leading the table almost from start to finish.
Gitanjali and The Hyderabad Public School put in valiant efforts to try and catch up with the eventual champions, yet just couldn’t be in touch with a well-prepared team that showed no signs of any weakness. Round after round, Teja Vidhyalaya made no errors, their risks were well calculated and they took no negatives. Overall, a complete performance which gave the impression, to the viewing audience, of a top seed winning, like an ATP Tournament with straight sets.
As explained by Quizmaster Lloyd Saldanha, it has been a while since a team has won with more than double the points of the team in the second place. They go into the National Semi-Finals where they will battle it out with the other city champions and this victory giving them the confidence to back themselves for the big win.